miércoles, 15 de septiembre de 2010

The Apple Butter of Knowledge

The September 2010 Daring Cooks’ challenge was hosted by John of Eat4Fun. John chose to challenge The Daring Cooks to learn about food preservation, mainly in the form of canning and freezing. He challenged everyone to make a recipe and preserve it. John’s source for food preservation information was from The National Center for Home Food Preservation.



 When I found out what the recipe for this month would be I wasn't exactly happy... as it is I've never actually liked boiled fruits (or vegetables for that matter..) but I thought it would be fun to give it a try anyway.

The biggest challenge was in the end to find a suitable object to store the sweetness; so some research and a day of work in the kitchen after, I found myself the owner of some cute preserves! and although my percepcion of boiled apple has not changed  at least my family was quite pleased with it. (they ate it all!!)

So despite my own tastes I would definitely make some more again. =)


Eagerly waiting for the next challenge,
~Karina