sábado, 23 de octubre de 2010

Daring Cooks: We are on a roll!

"Our October 2010 hostess, Lori of Lori’s Lipsmacking Goodness, has challenged The Daring Cooks to stuff grape leaves. Lori chose a recipe from Aromas of Aleppo and a recipe from The New Book of Middle Eastern Food."






This challenge I was really happy about, I made my mom bring me grape leaves from our own little plants and decided that this would taste great, alas, not everything goes as we plan.

For most of the challenges I've been short on time, sure, but this one I had no time at all! when I realized it the posting time had passed and I was way too busy to try it so I missed an afternoon at work and got cooking.

I decided my rice would have a bit of white wine and a bit of this and a bit that but when I realized it my rice lacked a "kick", now being a newbie as I am I decided to try and give it one with a bit of spicy things but when I opened the door I saw other items that called my attention... long story short I ended up with a rice that tasted good but just in the end gave you a REAL kick ^^;

This I fixed by adding sausages (our sausages have a lot of herbs and have a particular mild-ish flavor) and it did the trick, buut after all of this I was tired and left my (by then) boiling pot in the stove without my watching eye...

Anyway, thought some survived most grape rolls got open before time, it was a bit sad after all the time it took, so I'm sorry to say this challenge wasn't as successful as expected, next time ne?

~Karina