lunes, 2 de mayo de 2011

Daring Bakers: Maple Mousse served in an edible container

The April 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Evelyne of the blog Cheap Ethnic Eatz. Evelyne chose to challenge everyone to make a maple mousse in an edible container. Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 27th to May 27th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!


As always my love for bite sized food...


What I liked more about this challenge was the freedom given in creating the containers, I saw some very interesting choices!! I stuck to the suggested recipes though (I had about 1 day to prepare it before the end of the challenge...) but I will try more in the future ^^

a tuile bowl (plate?) with nice creamy maple mousse

About the maple syrup, this is a very new flavor for my family and me and it was well complemented with the soft feel of mousse, the bacon we kind of missed out on because it didn't feel like the right time for experimenting.

nut and almonds based container in normal size =)

This is a flavor I can easily see as cake filling, complement to a soft vanilla ice-cream or ohh I would so love it inside a cookie, perhaps a bitter chocolate one, yum!

anyway, see you in the next post!!

~Karina